What do I need to know?
What Sets Our Gemmology Lab Certification Apart
Welcome to our Gemmology Lab certification, a dedicated centre of excellence for identifying diamonds, gemstones, and pearls. Our mission is to serve both professionals in the industry and consumers by providing a comprehensive range of expert reports and laser inscription services.
Our lab is staffed with a team of exceptionally qualified Gemmologists who have access to a cutting-edge, fully-equipped laboratory designed to assess and generate reports for diamonds, gemstones, and pearls. With our advanced equipment, we can precisely screen and confidently identify, treated and laboratory grown diamonds and gemstones. Your gemstones are in good hands with us!
Gemmology Lab Certification
Services we offer
Using X-ray and XRF identifies natural pearls, beaded cultured pearls, non-beaded cultured pearls, and imitations. Suitable for strings of pearls and loose single pearls.
Report includes image, shape, measurements, colour, overtone, lustre, surface, and weight.
How to submit a item
If you are a new customer, please first download and complete the new customer form to provide us with all your details:
You can then download a submission form. Please complete this form, print it and send it along with your items.
Items can be sent via mail or courier or dropped off at our customer services counter.
Please ensure that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
Equipment we use
- Standard turnaround is 5-6 working days.
- We offer a same day / next day service for natural diamond mini reports (up to 6 stones), natural diamond short and full reports, diamond screening, tanzanite mini report, gem id mini report. Additional charges apply for express service 100% same day 50% next day.
- Pearls, coloured diamonds, and gemstones requiring treatment/ origin determination have a longer lead time.
- If you are a new customer, please first download and complete the new customer form to provide us with all your details.
- You can then download a submission form. Please complete this form, print it and send it along with your items.
- Items can be sent via mail or courier or dropped off at our customer services counter.
- We outsource from a local reliable jeweller for un-setting and re-setting stones if the mounting permits, this carries an additional charge.
- Yes, we can confidently identify laboratory grown diamonds with our advanced laboratory equipment.
- A synthetic gemstone is a lab-created gemstone that has the same chemical, optical, and physical properties as its natural counterpart
- We use GIA certified natural diamond colour comparison Master Set.
- Payment options include BACS and Card payment only. We do not use American Express.
- It would be preferable if jewellery items were cleaned prior to submitting for testing, however we do offer a cleaning service for additional charge £6 per item.
- Please note not all gemstones are suitable for ultrasonic cleaning such as opals, emeralds, tanzanite, pearls. Please take advice on the suitability of cleaning your jewellery before submitting.